Re: [tlug] Poll: OpenOffice or LibreOffice?

On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 4:15 PM, Christian Horn <chorn@example.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 01:18:36PM +0200, Bruno Raoult wrote:
>>
>> I did not say all games are dead. Chess is, because it was really a
>> focus for programmers for decades.
>> In fact since the 40s-50s.
>> Kasparov's loss against Deep Blue was the turning point, and quite a
>> shock at that moment.
>
> How so?

As any phone is better than you, if a player just goes to toilets for a few
minutes at a crucial time (like tactical), and the game is over. This is where
the game is dead: you don't know if the guy in front of you is playing himself..

Your allusion with running men vs cars is "sans propos": Running men cannot
use hidden cars in pocket. You can run a marathon (I won't), or even have an
olympic medal with some parts of your body being purely technical.

However, when I play chess, I will never accept that the guy/lady in front of me
will find a subtle sacrifice in 3 moves, when he/she did not even have a clue
about it, just after coming back from lavatory.
I did not mean I was never cheated (or that I never cheated) in chess.
But this was only
about psychology (which is important in this game, as you know). I was upset to
loose in winning position (I remember especially one) because I was
too weak in my mind.
But the board moves were given by nobody else (no grand-master in the pocket).

br.

--
2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.