Re: [tlug] Poll: OpenOffice or LibreOffice?

> I'm curious which TLUG'ers prefer for Japanese, OpenOffice or
> LibreOffice?

Interesting thread. Stephen, like everyone else, it seems, I now use
LibreOffice instead of OpenOffice, solely because I've switched distro
and that is what it installs. I didn't even realize it was a choice.

The only negative change I noticed was inserting an <hr> is now really
hard. Positive changes are printing out multiple pages is now built-in.
I hardly ever send a doc file; I always export to PDF and send that.
(I.e. Word is a PDF authoring tool in my mind, and then only for legacy
workflows.)

I hardly ever collaborate with Word documents, but when I have it was at
the level of (non-Linux) people adding their comments to a proposal in
red, nothing more complicated, and we never noticed any problems.

I've used Adobe's PDF reader on both Linux and Android to smother a
document with annotations and highlights. I found it worked, but was
clunky. That was collaboration with people on non-Linux platforms, and
there were no problems, AFAIK.

Darren

My new book: Data Push Apps with HTML5 SSE
Published by O'Reilly: (ask me for a discount code!)
  http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920030928.do
Also on Amazon and at all good booksellers!