Re: [tlug] Ubuntu Trusty (14.04) issues

On Friday, 16 May 2014, Jim Breen <jimbreen@example.com> wrote:

When I powered it up again all seemed well, until I discovered most of the
keys in the ZXC... row and below no longer worked. [...] Then I
ordered a replacement keyboard for the Compaq, which I have just installed.
All is back the way it was. An expensive cup of coffee.

Just for fun, you could try soaking the broken keyboard in clean water overnight, then letting it dry completely for several days. It may well work, as there's a good chance that your broken row just has some dried coffee gunk shorting out a couple circuits.

Cheers,
Josh

--
Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse the brevity and potential typos.