Re: [tlug] Poll: OpenOffice or LibreOffice?

fgs@example.com writes:

 > Micro$hit supports " ODF " since " Office " v.2007 or so. Don't get
 > it. You just ask your peer

My "peers" use LaTeX, by definition.  The problems are people who
can't use anything but the defaults, and the boss, who (again by
definition) is not a peer you can ask to do anything inconvenient
(except via the anonymous suggestion box, which in most organizations
is bottomless and conveniently positioned above the trash bin).

 > Another way to answer the original question is if anything has to
 > be done to improve Japanese input support or whatever it must be
 > done for " LibreOffice " which took the lead from OpenOffice, so to
 > speak.

Well, no, the original question was what do you use.  I gather that is
LibreOffice.  Is "what to do" a relevant question here?  Has anybody
on this list contributed even a bug report to either OSS office suite?
Anything more like a solution?

As for "leading," despite the higher frequency of release, it's not
obvious to me that LibreOffice is "leading" here, or if it is, in what
sense.  Both do a poor job on the documents I need to work with, but
the bugs in LO are easier to work around on my equipment so that's
what I use.