Re: [tlug] Compose key and IME clash?

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 6:23 AM, Darren Cook <darren@example.com> wrote:
> Ubuntu 10.04 (where I used ibus with anthy, IIRC) did not require this.
> If anyone can confirm that compose does or does not work with their
> current Japanese IME it would be helpful if you could let me know. It
> may just be the way I've mis-configured something.
> (I'm using ibus 1.5.3, xfce, mint 16)

I can confirm that compose (àé) works with my anthy setup (but not
with mozc), when in "Latin" mode.
I have similar setup to yours:

/etc/default/keyboard:
XKBOPTIONS="compose:ralt,terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp"

ibus: I only defined "Next Input Method" (<Super>space in my case).
However, there
are strange things happening from time to time (for instance multiple
"English (US)" entries
in the list when I try to circle the input method. This happens
"sometimes", I am not clear
on when exactly this happens.

I use Ubuntu 14.04, xfce flavour, ibus 1.5.5.

PS. I think I had to reboot to have the changes in
/etc/default/keyboard taken into account
on X (restarting X was not enough). I am not 100% sure, but if my
memory is correct, I tried
first to restart X without success. Worth a try?

br.

--
2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.