Re: [tlug] Living on the command line...

Hi Kalin,

On 2014年05月10日 22:21, Kalin KOZHUHAROV wrote:
> Thanks to all that attended today, and sorry for not making it for the
> nomikai...
> My 2-year-old has been down with cold for the last week and lack of
> sleep has really deteriorated my power...

We missed you at the nomikai!  Sorry to hear that your child is sick; I
wish a quick recovery!

> Anyway, I hope some of you liked it and learned something new.

I enjoyed it--especially the demo!  It is interesting to see how other
people solve tasks.  I make heavy use of sed, making less use of head,
tail, and grep, for example.

> I realized halfway through that presenting a command line really sucks
> on projector and have been thinking about what can be done.
> Any ideas?
>
> I saw a few people had laptops or tablets, do you think doing some
> kind of on-line (or Wi-Fi LAN) presentation is feasible?
>
> That can be used for on-line as well (so just audio gets transmitted),
> although they would have missed the pipe demo ;-)

If attendees have computers, how about providing a VPS/VM that includes
the data so that people can follow along? ;)

Cheers,

Travis