Re: [tlug] IME breaks firefox!

> I just tracked it down to pressing ctrl-hankaku to switch on the Chinese
> IME (*).

This was wrong. I thought I had it tracked down lunchtime today, always
reproducible, until I started writing an email like this to report the
problem, and couldn't get it to happen any longer.

Here is how to reproduce it:
  1. Open up a fresh firefox
  2. Type テスト into google search
  3. Press enter

Or:
  1. Fresh firefox
  2. Go to google.com
  3. Switch Japanese IME on and type テスト
 4. There is no 4. You don't even have to press enter. (This might be
because Google does not wait for you to press enter...)

(It doesn't happen typing English, only typing using the IME. It doesn't
appear to matter if the IME is in Japanese or English mode when I start
Firefox.)

I then had the crazy idea it was due to having an email open. I.e. it
only happened when firefox was the only window using the IME. So far all
I've got is that this is sometimes the case. The above method appears to
be sure-fire as long as I don't have an email window open. But it will
still happen sometimes while I'm writing an email.

I'm curious why I cannot find anyone else with this problem! I can only
guess it is interacting with some add-on, or the way I've configured ibus.

Darren

My new book: Data Push Apps with HTML5 SSE
Published by O'Reilly: (ask me for a discount code!)
  http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920030928.do
Also on Amazon and at all good booksellers!