[tlug] IME breaks firefox!

Still polishing the rough edges off of my mint 16 install, but getting
work done and generally happy. (Planning to move to mint 17 LTS in June,
so following the Ubuntu 14.04 thread with interest!)

One bug that has been annoying me is that for some (previously) unknown
reason Firefox menus would stop working (e.g. no bookmark folders could
be opened), and right mouse clicks stopped working. The only fix was to
shut down all open firefox windows and restart. (The bug survived the
upgrade from Firefox 28 to Firefox 29.)

I just tracked it down to pressing ctrl-hankaku to switch on the Chinese
IME (*).  At this stage I don't know if it is an interaction with ibus,
ibus-pinyin, or something about ctrl-hankaku for Firefox, or interaction
with one of my add-ons.

I use hankaku (no modifier keys) to toggle between English and Japanese
input, and that does not affect Firefox.

I'll narrow it down later, but if anyone else is experiencing this, let
me know.

Darren

*: I'm still using ibus for Japanese(mozc)/Chinese(pinyin).  Trying out
fcitx is still on the todo list, but it has become low priority as the
current setup works fine. (I got stuck trying to add "translit" for
Russian, and then Arabic, and maybe some other IMEs, so when the need
for one of those becomes urgent is when I'll try fcitx)

My new book: Data Push Apps with HTML5 SSE
Published by O'Reilly: (ask me for a discount code!)
  http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920030928.do
Also on Amazon and at all good booksellers!