Re: [tlug] Ubuntu Trusty (14.04) issues

Raymond Wan writes:

 > We ought to separate our desire to get the latest versions of the
 > software we run from Ubuntu making us upgrade.

Yah, but that's not our desire.  Our desire is to have usable versions
of *most* of our software and up-to-date (not necessarily "latest")
versions of *specified* software.

This is a hard problem, but I think it's a shame that something like
10 years after Debian introduced various selection criteria into apt,
nobody's come up with a better UI than "edit some config files".