Re: [tlug] fcitx

On Sat, May 03, 2014 at 04:18:33PM -0400, Scott Robbins wrote:
> So, does anyone use fcitx?  Today, I gave it a stabl on Lubuntu, Mint, and
> Fedora.

I tried and found it easy to use and nice on Debian.
On Fedora20 which is my main platform there is no fcitx-mozc.
I built an own fcitx-mozc rpm, but did fall back to ibus-mozc
after a while.

> My big question is, will there be, in the relatively near future,
> compelling reasons to switch from ibus, which seems to work quite well for
> my needs?

I should bring that up with colleagues who contribute to ibus.

At RHEL7 and other distros, 'Simple Kana Kanji' (ibus-skk) is
the default Input Method Engine for Japanese.  The 'Kana Kanji
engine' (-kkc) is now also around.

Christian