Re: [tlug] Linux Quiz: Call For Questions

On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 5:15 PM, Daniel A. Ramaley <daniel.ramaley@example.com> wrote:
On 2014-04-28 at 00:06:13 Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> Or how about a password with a literal backspace in it?

I'm having trouble figuring out how a password input method would know
whether you meant to backspace, or to insert a backspace character. I
like it! How about a password with a literal carriage return?

It seems in my terminal i can type literal backspace and carriage
returns by preceding them with ctrl-q. For me to want to use one in a
password, i'd have to be confident that all password input methods would
accept workarounds like that though.

I am not sure to understand... Of course a ctrl-q can help for some characters.
For some only.
Tell me how to input the the zero character? Would this one be forbidden? And 2?
and 3? and many others, beside backspace?

br.

--
2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.