[tlug] OT: falling intake (was: Linux Quiz: Call For Questions)

>> Unfortunately my department has scheduled a graduate recruiting
>> afternoon... we only admitted 90% of our
>> scheduled intake this year, and the PHBs are *very* worried).
>
> I am sorry to hear that you will not be able to make the meeting, but I
> wish you luck with your recruiting.  Listening to my wife, it sounds like
> many universities are facing dropping enrollment these days.

Is this dropping enrollment as an absolute number, or as a percentage of
the number of potential applicants? (i.e. after allowing for falling
birthrates.)

And is it just graduate recruiting, or are fewer 18 year olds also going
to university in Japan now?

Darren

My new book: Data Push Apps with HTML5 SSE
Published by O'Reilly: (ask me for a discount code!)
  http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920030928.do
Also on Amazon and at all good booksellers!