would have been functional by now), and now I get this e-mail from
them:

from: Ubuntu One
date: Fri, Apr 4, 2014
subject: Ubuntu One file services

Hi,

We are writing to you to notify you that we will be shutting down the
Ubuntu One file services, effective 1 June 2014. This email gives
information about the closure and what you should expect during the
shutdown process.

As of today, it will no longer be possible to purchase storage or
music from the Ubuntu One store. The Ubuntu One file services apps in
the Ubuntu, Google, and Apple stores will be updated appropriately.

As always, your content belongs to you.  You can simply download your
files onto your PC or an external hard drive.  While the service will
stop as of 1 June, you will have an additional two months (until 31
July 2014) to collect all of your content. After that date, all
remaining content will be deleted.

If you have an active annual subscription, the unused portion of your
fees will be refunded. The refund amount will be calculated from
today's announcement.

We know you have come to rely on Ubuntu One, and we apologise for the
inconvenience this closure may cause.  We've always been inspired by
the support, feedback and enthusiasm of our users and want to thank
you for the support you've shown for Ubuntu One. We hope that you'll
continue to support us as together we bring a revolutionary experience
to new devices.

The Ubuntu One team