Re: [tlug] [OT] Hope I get some on my next flight to Japan!

On Thu, Apr 03, 2014 at 01:58:44PM -0300, [SCA] SCHWARTZ, Fernando G. wrote:

> On 03/20/2014 08:50 PM, Christian Horn wrote:
> > Inflight internet access is there since quite some time,
> > I could have used it at last years flight in May from Munich
> > to Tokyo:
>
> Dear Christian, indeed. Were they advertizing anything regarding
> expected data throughput? I mean, any download/upload speed info?

Not that, just
- one story, multiple years old, crossing the atlantic ocean one would
  see how the routes were changed in running "traceroute" in a loop
- an other friend commented last year that the latency was horrible
  (IIRC the RTT was 0.5 or 1sec), but he felt this was "just right" so
  people would not try voice over IP, but one could work on mails.

cheers,
Christian