Re: [tlug] IMEs in Mint?

Darren Cook writes:

 > So I'm missing something else.

Emacs? <duck/>

Seriously, this is disgusting.  For the last 35 (less a couple of
months) I've been able to investigate most keyboard input problems I
run into with C-h k (help-on-key) and C-h w (whereis-command), and
most of the rest were easily diagnosed with slightly-less-well-known
functions to examining keymaps.  You'd think by now GNU/Linux would
have a similar facility (and yes, I know about XKeyCaps, but that
doesn't help with input methods and anyway Jamie quit maintaining it
in about 2004 when he switched to the Mac as his primary workstation).

Personally, I blame GNU and X about equally.

Linus-remains-my-hero-ly y'rs,