Re: [tlug] IMEs in Mint?

On Thu, Apr 03, 2014 at 12:50:53PM +0900, Darren Cook wrote:
> Q. Should I install "normal" as an alternative ibus input method. Then
> ctrl-space will toggle between them, and I can leave mozc configured to
> always use Hiragana?
>   PROBLEM: I cannot find a "normal" option. I tried adding one of the
> "English" options, but then I have to chose a keyboard layout, and it
> reset me to using an UK keyboard!

That is how it is done in fcitx at least. During my ibus times, this was not
necessary though.

Because I had to do this in order use Ctrl+Space for toggling on my keyboard
though: In the mozc option dialog[0]: General -> Keymap -> Customize, did you
make sure that Ctrl+Space is not used by mozc?

> Q. Or, is there a keyboard shortcut to toggle between just "direct
> input" and "Hiragana" in mozc?

In the same keymap dialog, there are options for "Disable IME" and "Toggle
alphanumeric mode". Maybe this will do?

Best Regards
Jens.

--
0:  /usr/lib/mozc/mozc_tool --mode=config_dialog ; I don't know whether ibus
    offers the same dialog.