Re: [tlug] OT: Blu ray writer a(and region free)

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 11:06 PM, Mattia Dongili <malattia@example.com> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 11:31:21PM +0100, Bruno Raoult wrote:
> Please try to answer my initial question (which is more about blu-ray)?

BD computer drives should all be region free. Locking is done via
software. I never had any problems reading region A and B here in Japan
(they at least advertise region B and also, none of the drives I have is
USB).

This is good information. You mean that the BD software, embedded in the drive (and locked to region),
is not useful at all. Please confirm, as this was my only question.

With all that said, this discussion is a bit OT and imo dragged its feet
for too long already. Feel free to reply offlist if you need any more
specific information.

I don't think this is OT. At least the initial question. You have videos (BR from Japan and other countries), you want to read
these videos on your Linux system. If this is OT, I will not understand.

br.

--
2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.