Re: [tlug] Blu ray writer a(and region free)

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 8:24 PM, [SCA] SCHWARTZ, Fernando G. <fgs@example.com> wrote:
Bruno,

On 03/25/2014 06:32 PM, Bruno Raoult wrote:
> Thanks a lot. Don't forget that DVD and BR are different. Most important is
> to read
> blu-ray from Japan and France zones (DVD is the same zone, don't spend time
> on them).

Confirmed last night, stock DVDs from zone "2" are all fine. I'll
procure BDs that aren't "multi-zone". Things Japanese that I saw were
all "multi-zone".

But I think it's safe to say that those drives plus the "VLC player"
which is doing the bulk here, are a safe bet.

I don't understand the answer: Yes, a zone 2 DVD reader can read zone 2 DVDs :)
Any player (VLC is only one of them) will handle this.

Please try to answer my initial question (which is more about blu-ray)?

Thanks,

Bruno.

--
2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.