Re: [tlug] Open Access Journals

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 10:35 PM, Simon Cozens <simon@example.com> wrote:
> On 20/03/2014 23:25, Raymond Wan wrote:
>> in the article?  But for IEEE and for the conference mentioned in the
>> article, the publisher here puts faith in the organizers of the
>> conference who handle all aspects from call for papers to reviewing
>> and the conference itself.
>
> What you're implicitly admitting here is that the publisher doesn't add any
> value to the process at all, outsourcing the actual hard work to willing
> volunteers and exercising precisely zero quality control over the results.

Uhhhhh, no, I didn't say that...either implicitly or explicitly.  I
mean if I wrote a heap of text and you seize on one part and magnify
it, then I guess there isn't much more I can say.  I use the wrong
word, wrong analogy, etc. and then I need to write 10 times more to
correct myself...

If that's what you got from all I wrote, I'm happy to leave at this
since I don't really want to get RSI from this discussion!  ;-(

Ray