Re: [tlug] Wifi hotspot access in Tokyo

On 20/03/2014 01:37, Bruno Raoult wrote:
you should
have used genitive for this plural in your sentence (campōrum for the plural
form).

Well, OK, let's be pedantic.

The sense is "fields-of-KTH", not "KTH-of-fields", so the genitive is definitely wrong; subjects of infinite clauses ("I know that...") take the accusative. The correct form would be: "scio ut campos KTH (ita vero, sunt multiplicēs)..."

But more to the point, the problem is that English doesn't have cases but it does have plurals, so campi, while ridiculously affected, is at a push grammatically acceptable. After all, we talk about octopodes; we don't talk about octoposi.

Thankfully, there is no require to post to TLUG in grammatically correct Classical languages. Perhaps if this thread drifts any further the listmaster should consider making one.