Re: [tlug] Wifi hotspot access in Tokyo

Benjamin Tayehanpour writes:

 > > In context, Raymond clearly meant individual by individual, ie,
 > > anarchy, vs. the people as a whole, aka democracy.
 >
 > Which I then went on to address, I think you'll find.

Nope.  I read your whole post the first time.  I reread it to be sure
(I'm not perfect, and know it), but you're wrong.  You did not address
this issue at all.  Instead, you addressed a completely different
issue, of how to *technologically* reorganize public facilities to
allow individuals to pay for the use of resources that provide only
private benefit to them.

That's completely different from the governance issue that Raymond
referred to (each individual deciding for themselves what use of
library facilities is appropriate), and begs the question of how the
government would decide to implement your suggested policy, or how it
would pay for the allegedly "low cost" technology required (which
would affect the politics of making the decision).