[tlug] Open Access Journals

(Charles Muller's post, in another thread, about editing a new open
access academic journal reminded me...)

I recently came across a new-ish journal [1], that was open access, with
all articles required to use the CC-BY license. (Peer-reviewed,
serious-looking board of editors, etc.) As a fan of open source, I was
impressed.

To be honest I'm amazed that there are 9000+ journals listed here:
http://www.doaj.org/faq
I suspect there is a catch, not all of them are fully open, but it is
still a good looking trend.

Darren

[1]: Journal of Language Modelling
http://nlp.ipipan.waw.pl/ojs/index.php/JLM/issue/archive

The first couple of articles of "Vol 0, No 1" make the case for open
access and CC-BY.