Re: [tlug] Locking an HTML Doc

On 2014/03/19 12:34, Raymond Wan wrote:

"Academics" here probably only refer to certain disciplines like
computer science and engineering.  In most other areas such as the
humanities and the life sciences, Microsoft Word is (probably) still
used and producing the final version is often given to a third party
copy-editor.

I've recently been put in charge of editing a new Open Access academic journal with will be called the Japanese Journal of Digital Humanities. An interesting array of submissions came in. Even though the final publication format will be a dynamic HTML document posted on a CMS, most submissions from Japanese academics were in the form of PDF generated from LateX. Most of the western scholars submitted Word files (one LibreOffice).

In the end, I had to convert them all to Word anyhow, since that's the only format that our copy editor at UHP will work with.

Chuck

--

A. Charles Muller

Graduate School of Humanities and Sociology
Faculty of Letters
University of Tokyo
7-3-1 Hongō, Bunkyō-ku
Tokyo 113-8654, Japan