Re: [tlug] Wifi hotspot access in Tokyo

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 8:48 PM, [SCA] SCHWARTZ, Fernando G.
<fgs@example.com> wrote:
>> But in the latter case, it's your bedroom, whilst in the former, it's
>> their wall.
>
> In the original situation, the people's wall. That was a public library.
> Making this a public policy. Japan being totally tech inclined? Not in
> this case.

???

Just because it's funded by tax payers doesn't mean any tax payer can
do whatever s/he wants with it...  Someone still looks after it and
manages it.  I mean, I'd like to see you use the same argument for
publicly funded universities, research institutes, hospitals, or even
the mayor's office.

I don't think it's just Japan but probably anywhere...

Ray