Re: [tlug] Wifi hotspot access in Tokyo (and battery stores?)

> Now, another question to add to the thread: my laptop battery is
> actually not doing too well lately.... any advice on stores (prob.
> in Akiba I'd guess), that sell new or reconditioned batteries for
> old laptops for less than an "ude to ashi" would also be much
> appreciated (don't have any reason to think such stores exist, just
> testing the wind...)

I bought a Lenovo R61 battery pack "clone" from this company:
https://www.rowa.co.jp/ when the original battery pack died. Price was
in the JPY7000 range. It was quite ago (>3 yr), but it still seems to
be working fine (I think it even has lasted longer than the original
battery). The only minor issue I found is that windoze shows a message
from time to time saying that this is not an original manufacturer's
battery pack (or something similar).