Re: [tlug] Wifi hotspot access in Tokyo

On Sun, Mar 09, 2014 at 06:10:41PM -0500, Stuart Luppescu wrote:
> On Sun, 2014-03-09 at 11:22 -1000, David J Iannucci wrote:
> >
> > So.... I gather I need to pay for a wifi hotspot service if I don't
> > wanna trudge around in frustration looking for where the free ones
> > are.
> > Found this page, but... does anyone know how up to date it is?
> >
> >   http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2279.html
>
> I was in Japan last Fall for a bit and found it very hard to get
> internet access. I tried to rent a SIM card at the airport but was told
> [..]

I can recommend econnectjapan.com .  There are more comparable
services in Japan, recent tlug threads also mentioned these.
I use their SIM card for internet access without volume limit.
For around 5.000円 it is usable for 30 days.  While slower
than average Wifi access, it provides internet access at
practically all places in Japan.

Chris'I got a 400€ phonebill after visiting Japan'tian