[tlug] Wifi hotspot access in Tokyo

Hi all.... I'll be visiting Tokyo soon, and thinking about how I'm gonna
get my Net fix while around town with my laptop. I know this has been
discussed before, but the tlug archives don't seem to be searchable and
google is not being my friend in this respect.... so here I am
asking.... and maybe something new has developed.

So.... I gather I need to pay for a wifi hotspot service if I don't
wanna trudge around in frustration looking for where the free ones are.
Found this page, but... does anyone know how up to date it is?

  http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2279.html

Any personal insights on ubiquity, reliability of connections, hidden
costs, limitations or other things not so easily found out on the web
are much appreciated.

Dave

p.s. Sorry to say that I'll miss the tech meeting which I believe is
     this Saturday... arriving next week Tue :=(