[tlug] l10n and icons: good example?

Hi Tlug,

I am preparing a presentation on "i18n/l10n on Linux, with focus
on Japanese".
While the contents are no news the audience here at tlug, topics
like 'input methods', encodings and unicode are quite unusual for
average European Linux folks over here - but interesting.

For me, preparing this is a good opportunity to look into some
details of these topics.

Now the question: l10n means to adapt "all kinds of things" around
software to be as easy to understand for the local users as
possible.  For example, it is easy to understand that content is
most efficiently consumed when presented in the local language.

l10n also spans things like icons: but while this seems logical
to me I was not able to come up with good examples of localized
variants of icons, i.e. to illustrate "save" or the "home" button
in a browser.
Any good ideas for localized variants of icons?

cheers,
Christian