Re: [tlug] Packet loss: How much is normal, and who should I talk to

On 02/21/2014 12:21 AM, Edmund Edgar wrote:
Wondering if I can get some opinions on this.

Problem here is relying your potentially important mail server on a 20 hops plus route. I have declined clients in the past wanting to link two branch offices over routes exceeding 20 hops.

Instead of sitting for some reaction on their ("rackspace") part, have you tweaked with "MTU" settings before? Lower its value to what is called "dial-up MTU" of fixed value "576" and see what happens.

Cheers.