Re: [tlug] Recurrent Firefox issues with gmail

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 11:41 AM, Ariel Mónaco <amonaco@example.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 19, 2014, Scott Robbins <scottro@example.com> wrote:
>> Putting on my moderator's hat briefly, yeah, such a question is fine. I
>> think Darren's reply summed it up quite well.  (Though I'm not familiar
>> with ask Ubuntu.
> Please don't get me wrong, I meant that asking the proper lists could
> provide more help to solve the issue.
>
> I liked the local pub analogy, though :)

Indeed, if you aren't feeling well and decide to ask people at the
local pub for advice, that is fine.  But if their advice to drink
chicken soup or get some cold medicine from the pharmacy isn't good
enough, then it might be time to go to the doctor.  There is a random
chance that there's a doctor at the pub at that moment...but it
doesn't seem like the case so far...

And yes, I know my analogy has a flaw...if you're sick, you really
should be staying home and not visiting the pub.  :-)

Ray