Re: [tlug] Vietnamese Dvorak?

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 6:38 PM, Jonathan Byrne <jonathan@example.com> wrote:
> Anybody know how to do Vietnamese input with Dvorak keyboard layout in
> Ubuntu (13.10)?
>
> Not a problem with Japanese, but clueless WRT doing the same with
> Vietnamese.

Should be the same as QWERTY for vietnamese (proper IME), keyboard
layout is more of a hardware thing with X and how your keys are
ordered or whether you have physical keys is not a question the IME
should ask. Even if you cannot figure out how to setup the "modifier"
key to turn on/off the IME, it has usually some mouse-clickable GUI.

> Google's no help, I suspect the instructions - if they exist
> - are all in, well, Vietnamese :-) Since I'm nowhere near proficient
> enough to ask how to do that in the target language, the answer thus
> eludes me :p

Google said try this: http://code.google.com/p/scim-unikey/

Kalin.