Re: [tlug] Japan to Tax E-Content

Darren Cook <darren@example.com> wrote:
> How do these pre-paid "credit" cards work? Do I need to give my
> residential address to get one? Do I need to give any proof I live at
> that address, or will "1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20500"
> be sufficient?
> Do I need a U.S. bank account to pay for it?

I remember looking for Travellers' Cheques and found this:

http://www.travelex.co.jp/JP/For-Individuals/Products-and-Services/Cash-Passport/Cash-Passport/

Not sure if that counts as a 'Foreign' card, but their Terms and
Condition says:

3.4
    Your Card can be used worldwide (except in Japan) wherever you see
the MasterCardĀ® or CirrusĀ® acceptance mark at ATMs and MasterCard
merchants, including shops, restaurants and online, providing there are
sufficient funds available on your Card for the transaction, including
any applicable fees.

They do charge fees for buying and charging the card, though...

--
Stephen Lee <sl-tlug@example.com>