Re: [tlug] Pretending to be outside Japan?

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 3:52 PM, Darren Cook <darren@example.com> wrote:
Let's ignore kindle for the moment, as kindle books are encrypted for
the device... what hoops do I have to jump through to purchase and
download an mp3 from Amazon, while sitting in Japan, such that Amazon
will believe I am a U.S. customer?

The IP address is trivial. Everything else looks hard to me.

No, I don't have U.S. relatives; at least not those I would wish to ask
to help. (And I am not American.)

I'll set a challenge: if anyone can buy an mp3 (documented steps) from
within Japan in such a way that Amazon have no evidence you are in
Japan, I'll buy you a beer :-) The kudos you will get will be worth far
more, of course...

Darren

Not sure if this will help --> https://hola.org/ I use this browser plugin on Chrome, so, it lets you just use certain sites as if you're in another location. Probably used for things like Hulu / Netflix etc, however, you can browse Amazon as if you're in the US. But if you want to do it from the Kindle itself, as far as I know the thing to do is setup a US account and login with that rather than an account in Japan.