Re: [tlug] Japan to Tax E-Content

On Wed, 15 Jan 2014 09:30:01 -0800
Michael Bitker <mbitker@example.com> wrote:

> This might be their way of cashing in on internet porn. Since porn
> made in Japan has to be censored A LOT of "Japanese" online porn is
> hosted overseas and charges users' CCs in dollars. Just my first
> thought.

Absolutely. First thing I was mesmerized to learn about Japan:
prostitution being illegal since 1958. That sounded like a perpetual
secret Yakuza deal to me. I mean, the only thing you have to do to
create a sound criminal scene is to ban sex work.

Now seriously, I do love Japan. I save a few bucks a year just to
experience it for a few weeks. I think its government performs generally
"above average" compared to peers but initiatives like E-Tax are not
the way to go. I think in the end it was put forward for "lack of a
better option", kind of thing. You know, being such a huge untapped
market...

Wishing you all the best, Nihon. Really.

Regards,