Re: [tlug] Printers for linux, was: refurbished Thinkpad X60 with Coreboot & Linux

On 26 December 2013 05:40, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:
> OfficeJet 7000.  It's a PCL printer, doesn't advertise Postscript
> capability and AFAICT doesn't have it.

Oh. Not supporting Postscript is a deal-breaker in printers for me,
but it was silly of me to assume yours would.

It's still the same principle, though. Generate a PCL file and netcat
it. I obviously haven't tried it myself, but a Google search seems to
suggest that others have, with positive results.