Re: [tlug] Printers for linux, was: refurbished Thinkpad X60 with Coreboot & Linux

This has actually happened to me on multiple occasions with a certain HP printer
type, Laserjet 4350 PS, because it's mass-deployed at my university's printer
pools.

Valid PostScript files would randomly turn into perl, sometimes only from the
middle of the page. Sometimes, the printer would also print a PostScript error
message (two lines, status code and text message) instead of the document I fed
it ... although at the time, I attributed it to my mishandling either CUPS or my
LaTeX tool chain.

But then again, you are free to try it with as many HP printers as you want:
"inurl:hp/device/this.LCDispatcher".