Re: [tlug] refurbished Thinkpad X60 with Coreboot & Linux

CL writes:

 > If you turn left when driving out of your campus at the 大学公園南
 > 交差点 and head on down to the local-to-you shiny new COSTCO,
 > they've got about five different HP printer models at extremely
 > attractive prices,

I'll tell my students.

But can they print nenga-hagaki?  That's the really essential thing
(well, after having ex-AKB48 types standing on stage in an opera house
saying "both sides are fine").

 > Google Nexus display). I recently acquired an Officejet All-in-One
 > 7500A, which prints up to A3

I've got the 7100.  Nice little (well, medium-sized) beast, and even
CUPS was able to configure it correctly in one try despite it living
on an unroutable LAN (no, I don't want the grad students in the next
room printing their theses on it by accident!)

 > BTW, is the Indian restaurant (Jewel of India?) at the above-named
 > intersection any good?

It's real Indian food, the prices aren't bad for the quality.  But
it's mostly frequented by students, so there are limits on both price
and quality.  The best Indian food I've found in Tsukuba is on
Higashi-Odori just south of the botanical gardens (and just north of
the Coco's/El Torito duplex) on the east side of the road, in the "New
Mira" restaurant.  Also inexpensive.  There's probably better to be
found.  I like Indian food, I just don't get out a lot.