Re: [tlug] using eucjp on Linux

On Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 03:09:57PM +0900, Jens Oliver John wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 01:22:08PM +0900, Kalin KOZHUHAROV wrote:
> >
> > (...)
> >
> > $ LC_ALL=ja_JP.eucjp xterm
> >
> > (...)
>
> Which of course also requires the locale to be specified as active in
> /etc/locale.gen (line "ja_JP.EUC-JP EUC-JP") if he uses the GNU libc.

I use GNU libc, but /etc/locale.gen appears to be not relevant on
Fedora.  The file is not owned by any package, does not exist here,
and the functionality is proviced by 'locale -a'.
Looking at strace of "locale -a" it looks like only
/usr/lib/locale/locale-archive gets opened for the list.

Christian