Re: [tlug] using eucjp on Linux

Kalin KOZHUHAROV writes:

 > BTW, last time I checked (2-5 years ago) luit is not needed explicitly.

On second thought, I bet that's the problem.  The first luit (invoked
implicitly by "xterm -en eucjp") is converting the EUC-JP codes to UTF-8.
UTF-8 trailing bytes 0x8? and 0x9? are control characters and illegal
in any EUC, so are being stripped by the second (explicitly invoked)
luit, which is not expecting UTF-8.  I'm not sure why the other bytes
are being masked to 7 bits, though.