Re: [tlug] OT: Buffalo AirStation config

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 11:13:28AM +0900, Kalin KOZHUHAROV wrote:
> Well that went OT already, but I have to say...
>
> On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 9:07 AM, Darren Cook <darren@example.com> wrote:
> > You can cross a busy road when the
> > lights are red, but the effort/risk is more than the benefit so just
> > about everyone will wait for the green light almost all of the time. It
> > is easier to go with the flow, especially when you know it is what you
> > are supposed to be doing.

As it's already well off-topic....

I remember when I was last in Tokyo.  I live in NYC where traffic signals
are considered to be rough guidelines, as David Letterman put it, and I
remember once going to cross a street, but no one else moved.  I leapt back
to the curb, figuring I'd missed a car.  Nope.  Just that folks treat
traffic signals with a bit more respect than we do in NY.

Note this was several years ago, I have no idea if it's still that way.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6