[tlug] Making an Android device bilingual

I want to make my Android device (Kindle) as language-switchable as my desktop PC. I want to be able to use the Bluetooth QWERTY keyboard I bought with the tablet to input E <-> J text. Something similar to iBus but without the iBus problems.

Amazon is pushing ATOK, which seems to have the feature as one possible choice but I haven't used that since I had a Just Systems word processor running in OS/2 Warp. Those were NOT happy times.

Can anyone offer any insight into the wisdom of that selection or make another suggestion?

--
CL