Re: [tlug] Japanese Input: Making It Work

Edward Middleton writes:

 > For a printer driver that has a ubuntu package, that seems a bit
 > lame to me.

For spellings of "lame" that resemble H O N E S T, I'd agree.

A lot of help Ubuntu packages have been to people in the several
"Help! Ubuntu is misbehaving!" threads we've seen recently.  It's not
trivial to generate a small number of replacement packages that can
deal with the variety of mismatched assumptions that a configure run
can, and you really don't want to fix one user's problem only to cause
problems for the majority of users.