[tlug] Japanese and Android

Hi all,

citing from one of the threads on configuring japanese IM:

On Sat, Oct 05, 2013 at 08:33:09AM -0700, steve wrote:

> I have a tablet and it's quite useful and I'm starting to write code for
> Android.  I haven't touched my 電子辞書 in a couple of months.  My
> tablet does everything it did and lots more, the 辞書 on it is meant for
> someone with English as primary language and it's less expensive.
> (Thanks Jim :)

Could you share what you use on Android, related to Japanese?

I use these:

- google japanese input
- reading content:
  - Aozora Yosemite (accesses a database with free Japanese
  literature)
  - FBreader: reading pdf with Kanji
- dictionary:
  - JED: searching Kanji by radicals
  - Kanjidic: searching Kanji by SKIP method
  - Kanji recognizer: recognition of kanji painted on touch-
    screen (one has to guess correct stroke order)
  - WWWJDIC: Kanji lookups, mostly via SKIP (thanks Jim)
  - EBPocket Free: lookups in 2 dictionaries
  - google translate: now also attempts OCR of kanji on
    pictures that were taken

I hope it's not too far offtopic, but hey, Android
is based on Linux ;)

Christian