Re: [tlug] New notebook & distro

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 11:54 PM, Benjamin Tayehanpour
<benjamin@example.com> wrote:
> ..........  All I am saying is that
> the Windows 8 *certification* of x86-based computers *requires* that
> the user be able to add boot certificates. If you can't, well, then
> that computer isn't certified for Windows 8. This is a major
> improvement over the Windows 7 certification. Note *certification*;
> I'm not talking about the operating system itself, or the entire
> ridiculous idea about boot signing.

Oh, OK.  That's informative.  Thanks.

If we meet in person, I hope we won't come to blows.  Probably not.
Something about computers brings out the nastiness in people (and I'm
not excluding myself in that).

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to clarify that.  I appreciate it.

Lyle