Re: [tlug] Ubuntu 13.10 clock problems (was: Ibus and Ubuntu based)

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 6:52 AM, Lyle H Saxon <llletters@example.com> wrote:
> The issue was probably the files getting labeled as having been
> modified (which they weren't).

There are many (hot) discussions on this subject. As I use Unix/Linux
for long time, I am comfortable with the fact than a copied file is
considered as a new file (the way "cp" works). Some people don't
agree.

To avoid the issue, you should really use EXIF metadata information
(what should do any picture management software), instead of
filesystem information.

And again, "exiftool '-DateTimeOriginal>FileModifyDate' dir" would
likely solve your issue if you really want to have correct filesystem
timestamp from EXIF data.

br.

--
2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.