Re: [tlug] New notebook & distro

On 10 November 2013 04:07, Lyle H Saxon <llletters@example.com> wrote:
> Any details on how that is done exactly?

I haven't a clue, sorry. I've yet to be faced with the problem.

> Incidentally - you say "nowadays", but that quote I posted is from a
> few days ago, and isn't this a recent issue?  "Nowadays"?  (Not
> looking for an argument here - just wanting to get a clearer view of
> this issue.)

Well, since the quoted situation mentioned Windows 7, I assumed that
the computer was Windows 7 certified. Since the Windows 8
certification will probably take over in the future, or may already
have done so, it is reasonable to assume that it will not be a problem
for new computers purchased in the present or near future. It will, of
course, still be a problem for Windows 7 certified computers, but they
are a dying breed.