Re: [tlug] Ibus and Ubuntu based

On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 2:35 AM, CL <az.4tlug@example.com> wrote:
I did an upgrade from Kubuntu 13.04 to 13.10 and still have the same problem with ibus-anthy not working in LibreOffice.  But, there is the added joy of having to use shift-space or nothing.  I am locked out of the ibus setup page and can only switch between J and E by clicking on the ibus icon and choosing a language.  The ibus popup looks a whole lot more like MS-IME than ever before, with additional setup choices offered there than in setup.  I also have to start ibus manually on startup despite a startup script having been entered and checked.

Well, another experience: Ubuntu Gnome.

About ibus, daemon starts as expected. I spent time to find out how to activate it.
anthy seems to work fine, including in libreoffice. But not in Emacs, as espected. As spent 3-4 days to do it in 13.04, this is not a surprise. RMS must always go his way :-)

I did not get to have the old anthy window to show when active (I don't remember its name), to change the input window. Did I miss something?

br.

--
2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.