Re: [tlug] Ubuntu 13.10 clock problems (was: Ibus and Ubuntu based)

Dear Chuck,

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 8:10 PM, Charles Muller
<acmuller@example.com> wrote:
> In every case, after upgrading from 13.04 to 13.10, a clock discrepancy
> problem has arisen between the two OS's:[1] Each time after I run
> Kubuntu, when I start Windows, the clock is set to 9 hours
> earlier--apparently UTC, even though the time indicator says it's Tokyo
> time, and so I have to reset it manually.

Interesting that you mentioned this as I just had this problem on this
very machine about an hour ago.

I've upgraded from 13.04 to 13.10 on 4 machines and generally, I've
been fairly happy with it.  Only one of my regular programs crashes,
but everything else has worked.

But, I just noticed the clock problem on this dual boot machine while
running Windows.  The time zone was set correctly and when I forced it
to get the time via NTP, it corrected itself fine.  Two of the other
machines are also dual boot, but I rarely boot into Windows.  I don't
know how often Windows checks the time on the Internet, but I guess I
may have missed it previously.

I'll keep an eye on it and see if I notice anything.  And yes, I've
never had this problem with this computer before the upgrade.

Ray