Re: [tlug] Ubuntu 13.10 clock problems (was: Ibus and Ubuntu based)

    Charles> Since Ubuntu 13.10 issues have been raised here, please
    Charles> let me query to see if anyone else has experienced a
    Charles> problem that I'm having. I have asked on a couple of
    Charles> Ubuntu forums, and gotten no response.

    Charles> All 6 computers in my project being used by me and my
    Charles> assistants (various makes and models, desktops and
    Charles> laptops) are running Kubuntu/Windows7 dual-boot.

    Charles> In every case, after upgrading from 13.04 to 13.10, a
    Charles> clock discrepancy problem has arisen between the two
    Charles> OS's:[1] Each time after I run Kubuntu, when I start
    Charles> Windows, the clock is set to 9 hours earlier--apparently
    Charles> UTC, even though the time indicator says it's Tokyo time,
    Charles> and so I have to reset it manually.

    Charles> When I run Kubuntu, it shows the right local Japan time,
    Charles> and indicates that it's local time, not UTC. And I can't
    Charles> find anything in System Settings where this can be played
    Charles> with. I assume that it's a temporary bug, but if anyone's
    Charles> got any suggestions, I'd be delighted to hear them.

Use

timedatectl set-local-rtc true

to set your hardware clock to local time instead of UTC.
Read the man page for timedatectl to see why that is a bad idea.

Marcus

| mocm@example.com            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |
 |>>>             Quis custodiet ipsos custodes                 <<<|