Re: [tlug] Ibus and Ubuntu based

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 11:06:28PM +0900, Bruno Raoult wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 9:09 PM, Scott Robbins <scottro@example.com> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 04:13:50PM +0900, Bruno Raoult wrote:
> > > As ibus is running in your user environment, just logging off would have
> > > been OK I suppose.
> > > Or just starting it by hand if you preferred to do so.
> > > By the way, does not your Applications menu have an ibus entry, which
> > just
> > > starts the daemon?
> >
> > I tried logging out and logging back in, but though ibus was running, it
> > didn't work properly until I restarted.
> >

> This is puzzling. As nothing is running as system level, I don't understand
> how a rebbot could help.

Unfortunately, I didn't keep that install.  I'm going to put it down as a
one time oddity.

Today I'm finding that as long as I choose ibus as input
method, on two quick test installs, it works in Lubuntu on everything but
Libreoffice.

However, if I then install xubuntu-desktop, Libreoffice will then allow me
to input Japanese.

So, while it does still seem there are some issues with Lubuntu and
Japanese input--I think I also had to add export XMODIFIERS=@im=ibus to
.bashrc on another quick test install, it's nowhere near as bad as I
thought.

As Ray said in the other response to my post, it's not hard to change Super
key to something else--actually, if using Lubuntu as opposed to a custom
install with DWM, I can leave it with the super key.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6